Beginning as early as Monday, March 28, the San Francisco Public Utilities Commission’s (SFPUC’s) Regional Groundwater Storage & Recovery Project will begin installing a new pipeline along S. Spruce Avenue between Huntington Avenue and the Centennial Way Trail in South San Francisco.
- The SFPUC will install an eight inch diameter pipeline along S. Spruce Avenue.
- During pipeline construction, one eastbound lane will remain open to traffic from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. All eastbound lanes on S. Spruce Avenue will reopen at the end of each work day.
- Flaggers will be at the intersection of Huntington Avenue and S. Spruce Avenue to guide traffic during construction.
- During lane closures, access to businesses and homes will be maintained at all times.
- Construction activities are anticipated to last for approximately two weeks.
- This Project will provide additional sources of water supply to our Peninsula customers in times of drought.