Monday, June 29, 2009

Controlled Blast Scheduled for June 30th or July 1st

Controlled blasting is scheduled to occur at the South Shaft on either Tuesday, June 30th or Wednesday morning, July 1st, depending on conditions.

All indicators for vibration, noise and air quality are below the thresholds and are measured constantly. Controlled blasting can take place between 7am and 6pm Monday through Friday.

All safety and noise control measures are in effect and the work is performed in accordance with California Occupational Safety and Health (OSHA) and environmental regulations.

The contractor will observe our national holiday on Friday, July 3rd.

2 comments:

  1. I understand that people, including myself were anticipating increased noise levels from the controlled detonations. The reality is that the detonations are the quietest part of this whole construction process. My home office directly faces the area where the bulldozing and excavations are taking place and the noise is unbearable. Mind, you, I have a very hight tolerance for these types of activities/noise, but this is ridiculous. I can't open my windows without full throttle diesel noise invading my work space. To carry on a conversation, I have to raise my voice. That and I get to hear this start up at 7:00 am. The worst part is the back-up beepers that go on constantly when these noise makers are working the site. I think that the noise monitoring stations are fake and the noise guidelines are phony too if this type of noise is allowed to go on day after day. Maybe everyone in my neighborhood is old and has poor hearing, but I don't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for contacting us. First, we want to apologize for the noise and inconvenience the project is causing you. We encourage residents to provide feedback and want to work with you to explore potential adjustments which could reduce the noise you’re hearing.

    We monitor and measure construction noise to identify construction activities generating high noise levels and, if necessary, interrupt those activities before allowable noise limits are exceeded. We checked our monitors and the routine construction activities continue to be within the allowable noise limits. We can take noise measurements closer to your home if you would like and meet with you to discuss what we can do to help remedy the situation. Feel free to contact Amy directly at 415-551-4659 or 650-212-0165. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete